Michael Kiwanuka’s “Cold Little Heart” Lyrics Meaning
“Cold Little Heart” captures the intrinsic emotions of a man who doubts himself. He gets so discouraged that he claims he cannot stand himself and might actually die due to the state of his heart.
It is unclear the exact events that have led this person into thinking this way. However, he reveals that he has been playing pretentious games his whole life and is ashamed of it. It seems he’s aware that he has not done the best for the people close to him and it is this pain that causes him to feel more remorseful.
In the end, he is a bit optimistic that if he puts in more effort, things could get better. However, his doubt kicks in again and he believes he might be wrong considering his past failures.
“Cold Little Heart” Facts
- “Cold Little Heart” was released on July 15, 2016, and it’s the song on the Love and Hate album by Michael Kiwanuka.
- It was produced by Danger Mouse in collaboration with Inflo.
- According to Michael, classic British guitar bands such as Pink Floyd and singers like Isaac Hayes influenced the direction of the song.
- The song featured on HBOs Big Little Lies.
- With a total length of 10:10, this is the longest of the 10 tracks on Love & Hate.
Did Michael Kiwanuka release “Cold Little Heart” as a single?
No. Love and Hate was preceded by only three singles. “Cold Little Heart” wasn’t one of these singles.