Jon Pardi’s “Night Shift” Lyrics Meaning
Night shift is a term associated with evening-based working periods. To put it differently, if a person is employed between the hours of 6:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., he or she is said to be working ‘the night shift’. And in this song, Jon Pardi does indeed take on the role of a working-class gentleman. However, the “night shift” he is referring to primarily concerns him getting busy with his lady.
You can view the lyrics, alternate interprations and sheet music for Jon Pardi's Night Shift at Lyrics.org.
Jon starts the track off highlighting how hard of a worker he actually is. For instance, he can put in over 60 hours of labor a week, toiling from sunrise to sunset. Nothing about this situation appears agreeable, but he doesn’t seem to mind. Instead he finds solace in the fact that eventually he will spend time with his lady.
Throughout the song, the term “night shift” is used interchangeably between Jon referring to his hours of employment and time spent with his sweetheart. For example, while the first verse is dedicated to highlighting his work ethic, the second is centered on the evening-based bedroom interactions between him and his shorty. Ultimately, the sentiment that seems to be expressed is that the loving touch of evenings spent with her counteract the hard hours he has to put in on the job.
Quick Facts about “Night Shift”
- Writer(s): This song was written by three songwriters. Interestingly enough, Jon Pardi wasn’t one of these writers. Tofer Brown, Philip LaRue and Billy Montana are the songwriters given songwriting credits on this track.
- Producer(s): “Night Shift” was produced by Jon Pardi himself, alongside Bart Butler.
- Album/EP: This is the fourth song featured on Pardi’s 2016 album named California Sunrise.
- Release Date: “Night Shift” was first made commercially available on 17 June 2016.
- Recording Label: Capitol Records Nashville is the record label behind this song.
Who directed the music video for “Night Shift”?
Photographer and director Jim Wright directed the song’s official video.