Meaning of “All I Need Is a Miracle” by Mike + The Mechanics
All I Need Is a Miracle is a song performed by the supergroup Mike and the Mechanics (Mike + The Mechanics). Lyrically, this song is about a guy who treated his significant other very badly to the point where she was forced to leave him. Upon her departure, he realizes his grave mistake and begins to miss her like crazy, wishing for a miracle so that she could come back into his life. In an interview, Rutherford said of the song as one which despite not being optimistic, approaches life with a “positive attitude”.
Facts about “All I Need Is a Miracle” by Mike and the Mechanics
- The song was written by Mike Rutherford and songwriter and music producer Christopher Neil. The latter was also responsible for producing the song.
- The late English singer and songwriter Paul Young sang lead vocals on the song.
- A new version or rather remake of All I Need Is A Miracle titled All I Need Is a Miracle ’96 appeared on the group’s 1996 compilation album Hits.
- Having been nominated for a Grammy Award in 1987 and peaking at number 5 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, the song is one of the group’s most successful songs.
- Genesis lead singer Phil Collins once covered this song in 1989.