Meaning of “Moonchild” by RM
“Moonchild” is a track by South Korean rapper/songwriter RM of BTS (Bangtan Boys) fame. In this song, RM encourages listeners who are battling with the troubles and sorrows of life not to give in. He strongly believes that we all have the power to shine amidst the darkness surrounding us just like the moon shines at night.
At its very core, the lyrics of this tune are nothing short of inspirational.
Facts about “Moonchild”
- RM wrote this song and co-produced it with music producer Hiss Noise.
- “Moonchild” was released on October 22, 2018. It is one of the seven tracks on the RM’s second mixtape Mono (mono).
- The term “Moonchild” is one of the most common song titles of all time. Since the mid 1960s, the term has been the title of over a dozen songs.
- With a total length of 3 minutes and 25 seconds, this song is the third longest track on the EP mono. Interestingly (enough), the song is also the third track on mono.
- RM first mentioned the term “moonchild” in the 2017 BTS song “4 O’CLOCK”.
- The song consists of an intro, three verses, a single chorus, a bridge and an outro.
Below is the official lyric video of the song:
Does any member of BTS appear on this track?
This is a solo song by RM. None of his colleagues from BTS appear on the track.