“Happy Now” by Kygo (featuring Sandro Cavazza)
“Happy Now” was released by Norwegian DJ and music producer Kygo in October 2018. The song features Swedish singer and songwriter Sandro Cavazza on vocals. “Happy Now” tells the tale of a collapsed relationship. Though the couple tried saving it, they couldn’t. From the look of things, the narrator genuinely cares about the happiness of his ex. So in bidding her goodbye, he expresses his hope that she’ll “be happy now”.
What has Kygo said about this song?
On October 26, 2018, Kygo announced the release of the song via Twitter. He began his tweet by expressing his intense excitement about the release of the song. He then added that the song might be one of his favorite songs of his entire career. Wrapping up the tweet, he expressed his hope that fans would love it as much as he does.
Below is an image of Kygo’s tweet regarding this song:
Facts about “Happy Now”
- Kygo co-wrote “Happy Now” with Cavazza. However, Kygo handled the production aspect of the song all by himself.
- The pair recorded the song in Los Angeles just before the beginning of the summer of 2018.
- This track was the first single that Cavazza appeared on as a featured artist in the year 2018. The last song he appeared on as a featured artist was the late Avicii’s 2017 track “Without You”.
- “Happy Now” marks Cavazza’s first collaboration with Kygo. According to Kygo, it was Avicii’s music that led him to discover Cavazza. And he became a huge fan of his upon the discovery.
- On his personal website, Kygo revealed that while working on this song in the studio, he and Cavazza spent a lot of time talking about how much Avicii’s music meant to them. He referred to the time in the studio as one that was really special to him. Avicii committed suicide on April 20, 2018. He was just 28.
- Although “Happy Now” came out formally on October 26, 2018, it had been debuted about a month prior to that. The song was first debuted on September 21, 2018 at the iHeartRadio Music Festival held in Las Vegas. It is noteworthy to say that the performance was Kygo’s first appearance at the iHeartRadio Musical Festival.
- Not many are aware that the artwork of the single contains Kygo’s face. The dark shaped figure at the bottom of the artwork is actually Kygo’s face. Can you spot the face?
Which album is “Happy Now” on?
It would appear on Kygo’s third studio album. That same album would feature Kygo’s “Born to Be Yours” collaboration with Imagine Dragons.