“It Ain’t Me” by Kygo and Selena Gomez
It Ain’t Me is a song performed by singer Selena Gomez and DJ Kygo. According to Ali Tamposi, who co-wrote It Ain’t Me, the song thrives on the theme of standing firm in a harmful relationship. In the song, Selena sings about the negative habits of her former lover that harmed the relationship and led to its demise. Her lover’s excessive drinking and partying got her so frustrated she was forced to end her relationship. So basically, the song is about a nostalgic look at a relationship that came to an end as a result of too much partying and abuse of alcohol. Speaking about the song, Tamposi said that it is about a woman having the ability to get out of a toxic relationship amidst society’s pressure that she stay with her lover.
Facts about It Ain’t Me by Kygo and Selena Gomez
- It Aint’ Me was written by Selena Gomez, DJ Kygo, Ali Tamposi, Andrew Watt and Brian Lee.
- The song’s production was handled by Kygo, Watt, Louis Bell and Ben Rice.
- The song was released on 17th February, 2017.
- Upon the release of the song, many thought it was inspired by Selena’s relationship with her ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber. But the truth of the matter is that the song isn’t about Bieber. That part of the lyrics where Selena talks about being “seventeen” totally debunk the rumors as she was 18 years old when she began her relationship with Bieber.
- It Aint Me was released by Sony and Ultra on 17th February, 2017 as the first single from Kygo’s second studio album titled Flashing Lights.
- The song debuted at number in Kygo’s home country Norway and at number 10 and 7 in the US Billboard Hot 100 and UK Singles respectively. .
- The song gave Kygo his second top 10 single in the UK and Gomez her third.
Our favorite line from the lyrics of It Ain’t Me
There are many awesome lines in the song, but here is our favorite: