Meaning of “Lost in Your Light” by Dua Lipa
Lost in Your Light is a duet performed by English singer Dua Lipa and Grammy Award winning American singer Miguel. Lyrically the song, which is purely a love song, is one that sees the narrators (Lipa and Miguel), who can’t seem to get enough of their love interests, sing about being totally overtaken by love. Simply put, this song is about the insatiable appetite for love that a person has for their love interest when they are deeply in love.
Facts about “Lost in Your Light”
- Lost in Your Light was officially released on April 21st, 2017.
- The song was written by Lipa, Miguel (who was featured in the song) and songwriter and music producer Rick Nowels, who is famed for working with numerous prominent artists including Adele, Nelly Furtado, Tupac Shakur, Rod Stewart, Celine Dion and Fleetwood Mac, among several others.
- The song’s production was handled by Rick Nowels.
- The song was the sixth of the six singles that Lipa’s 2017 debut studio album Dua Lipa produced.
- According to Lipa, singer Miguel had always been one of her favorite singers that she wanted to work with. She told HMV.com that writing the song with Miguel was really a fan experience and that she and Miguel instantly became good friends as a result of the collaboration.
- The total length of the song is 3 minutes and 23 seconds.
- Unlike a number of the singles from Lipa’s debut studio album, Lost in Your Light didn’t perform very well on the charts. In the first few months after it was released, the song failed to chart on the US Billboard Hot 100 and only managed to peak at the 86th position in the UK Singles Chart.