Meaning of “Lie” by NF
“Lie” is a song recorded and performed by American rapper and songwriter NF. Lyrically, “Lie” sees NF rap about a romantic relationship with a significant other that didn’t work out well. From the lyrics, it is apparent that his lover’s behaviors and actions are the root cause of the relationship’s failure.
Throughout the song, NF calls her a liar multiple times. For example, in the chorus, he raps about how she goes about telling all her friends that he isn’t her type yet she called him at night. He also raps about how she lies about how all he (NF) ever does is control her life. According to NF, this isn’t the case.
Despite all his lover’s lies, it is apparent that NF still has strong feelings for her and wants the relationship to carry on.
Are the lyrics of “Lie” autobiographical?
While many fans of NF believe that the song’s lyrics are about an actual relationship in the rapper’s life, we currently don’t have enough solid evidence to say a strong YES or NO. It is possible the lyrics might be autobiographical, but it is also possible they just might be 100% fiction.
Having taken our time to thoroughly scan through the lyrics of the song “Lie”, we found the following line to be one of the most profound lines of the song:
Facts about “Lie”
- The song “Lie” was penned by NF and two other songwriters: songwriter/producer Tommee Profitt and musician/record producer Mike Elizondo.
- This piece was produced by the song’s co-writer Tommee Profitt at his Tomme Profitt Studios located in Nashville, TN. Profitt is well known for his numerous collaborations with NF.
- The track received its official release on April 17, 2018. It is the 4th single from NF’s studio album Perception. This album, which debuted at the No. 1 position on the US Billboard 200, also features the hit single “Let You Down“.
- At the moment, the track occupies the number 97 position on the US Billboard Hot 100.
- “Lie” currently doesn’t have an official music video.
Below is a lyric video of the song:
NF’s song “lie” is a really deep song about a relationship that didn’t go well. i like the meaning of the song. I’m sure couples can relate, if that;s how their relationship is.
Yes! Many will definitely relate to the deep lyrics of this song!
I believe that you are right by saying it is autobiographical. All of nfs songs have a deeper meaning,hence “real music”
i love nf i am a huge fan
same here his new album is amazing to
Mystical forget me
nf is the best you should listen to my stress by him