“Rewrite the Stars” by James Arthur and Anne-Marie
The track “Rewrite the Stars” by singers James Arthur and Anne-Marie is somewhat the tale of a sad, ill-fated romance. The two lovers want each other, very much. However, there are many ‘mountainous’ obstacles to them unifying. Indeed things have reached a point where it seems that fate itself is against them. But this leads to them questioning if they have the ability to “rewrite the stars”? In other words, what if they fight against all of these obstacles and claim the destiny they want for themselves rather than the one it seems life has given them?
Such seems impossible, but they appear willing to challenge the realms of possibility – if only they knew how. Ultimately the song ends on a somewhat pessimistic note, with Anne-Marie once again expressing her love yet a disposition of hopelessness that the union will ever come to pass.
Facts about “Rewrite the Stars”
- This track is part of the Greatest Showman: Reimagined album.
- It is a cover of the song originally performed by Zac Efron and Zendaya as part of the first the Greatest Showman soundtrack. The song in question came out in 2017.
- Within the first month of its release, this version of “Rewrite the Stars” was streamed over 50 million times.
- This song was written by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul.
- This track was produced by Zach Skelton, Pete Ganbarg, Kevin Weaver and others.
- It was officially released on 16 November 2018.
- Like its predecessor, this cover of “Rewrite the Stars” charted in a number of countries. Some of these countries include Belgium, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- The release of this song was teased on Twitter by James Arthur on 16 November 2018.
Is this James Arthur’s first collaboration with Anne-Marie?
Yes. This track marks Arthur’s first time of working with Anne-Marie.