“Running Out of Time” by Tyler, The Creator (ft. Frank Ocean)
Tyler, The Creator and Frank Ocean’s “Running Out of Time” portrays the narrator as one that is worn out of a relationship and is warning his partner of an impending breakup. He uses the term “Running Out of Time” to explain that he no longer has the time or desire to pursue her.
Tyler and Frank seem to insinuate that this lover is full of pretense and lies. Based on this, they prefer to end it than to keep trying to win her love. They are willing to drown, metaphorically signifying an end to the romance, so they can find the peace they need.
The writer stresses on the hypocrisy of this lover and advises her to take her mask off, and stop lying to everyone else because he knows her real character. He says this to justify his willingness to cause a breakup in the near future. It is also meant to serve as a warning so she can change her ways and probably fix the relationship.
Facts about “Running Out Of Time”
- “Running Out of Time” is the fifth song on Tyler, The Creator’s 2019 album, IGOR.
- The track features artist Frank Ocean. However, this isn’t Tyler’s first time working with Frank. The pair had worked together several times before this collabo.
- The song was written by Tyler along with Frank and several others. You can view the full list of the writers below.
- Tyler, The Creator solely produced this song.
- It was released on May 17, 2019.
Full List of the writers of “Running out of Time”
In addition to Ocean and Tyler, the following songwriters also receive writing credits on this song:
- Rev Run
- Jam Master Jay
Did Tyler release this track as a single from his Igor album?
No. As a matter of fact, the album Igor wasn’t preceded by any singles.