Venom (Music from the Motion Picture) by Eminem
“Venom” is a song released by American hip hop recording artist Eminem in 2018. The lyrics of the song pay tribute to the Marvel Comics fictional character called Venom. This character is an alien Symbiote who comes in the form of liquid. It survives by attaching itself to a human being, and whenever it does so, it instantly gives its supernatural powers to the host. Whoever it bonds with or possesses ends up referring to him or herself as Venom.
In the 2018 American superhero film Venom, this alien symbiote possesses the body of an investigative journalist called Eddie Brock (played by actor Tom Hardy). Having made Brock its host, Brock becomes Venom and saves the day with his newly acquired super-human abilities.
Eminem devotes a significant percentage of the song’s lyrics to this movie. He even mentions the name of the movie’s lead character Eddie Brock in the song’s final verse.
Music video for “Venom”
The official music video of this track sees Eminem deliberately infecting people with a symbiote (the Slim Shady symbiote). Once infected with this symbiote, the people suddenly start rapping and acting crazy. Eventually, every infected person morphs into Eminem. At the video’s tail end, Eminem turns into a very evil Venom bent on spilling blood. The inspiration comes from Venom and how it bonds with human hosts.
Facts about “Venom”
- Eminem co-wrote this song with American songwriter and musician Luis Resto. Eminem and Resto began working together as far back as in the early 2000s. For example, Resto produced Eminem’s 2002 hit single “Lose Yourself“.
- The track was produced by Eminem. However, Resto also contributes additional production to the song.
- August 31, 2018 was the day this song came out. It can be found on Eminem’s tenth studio album Kamikaze as well as on Venom (soundtrack).
- The song consists of an intro, 3 verses and 3 choruses.
- “Venom (Music from the Motion Picture)” is the official title of this song.
- The music video for “Venom” officially came out on October 5, 2018. Two days prior to that, Eminem had announced on Twitter of the song’s impending release.
Did Eminem write this song specifically for the movie?