Dua Lipa is an English singer and songwriter whose career in the entertainment industry began when she was just a teenager. At the tender age of 14 she began covering songs from a number of famous artists and posting them on YouTube in the hope of getting discovered. Some of the songs she covered included that of singers such as Nelly Furtado and Christina Aguilera. In 2017, Lipa released her debut studio album titled Dua Lipa. The critically acclaimed album spawned a number of popular singles such as Be the One and Hotter Than Hell. Apart from singing, she is also known for her career as a model.
Facts about Dua Lipa
- She was born in London, England to Albanian parents.
- Her father, Dukagjin Lipa, is a famous Kosovar Albanian musician.
- She worked as a model before venturing into music fulltime.
- Her debut single titled New Love was released in 2015.
- Lipa is a close friend of Coldplay frontman Chris Martin and worked with him on her debut album.
- Over the years, Lipa has been rumored to have been in a romantic relationship with a number of A-list musicians including Calvin Harris and her friend Chris Martin.
- She co-wrote the song Homesick with Chris Martin. Homesick is the 12th track on Lipa’s debut album.
- In 2017, Lipa and Chris Martin were rumored to have been caught kissing each other at the Glastonbury festival. The pair denied that claiming that they were just mates.