Meaning of “Be the One” by Dua Lipa
Be the One is a song performed by English singer and songwriter Dua Lipa. Speaking with the American based Nylon magazine, Lipa said of the meaning of the song as one that is about believing in oneself, having “perseverance” in life and fighting for the things that you want in life. In the song, Lipa fights relentlessly for a romantic relationship that she wants to have with someone who is apparently not that eager for it.
Facts about “Be the One”
- Be the One is one of the six singles from Lipa’s debut studio album titled Dua Lipa. The album was released in June 2017.
- Lipa did not write the song, thereby making the song the only track on her debut album which she did not write.
- The song was written by songwriter Lucy Taylor and record producer and songwriter Nicholas Gale (best known in the music industry as Digital Farm Animals). The song’s production was handled by the latter.
- The song performed very well on the charts in many countries, reaching number 9 on the UK Singles chart and number 1 on the US Dance Club Songs.
- Two music videos were made and released for the song. The first music video came out in October 2015 and the second came out in December 2016. The second music video featured actor and singer Ansel Elgort, who is known for starring in films such as The Fault in Our Stars, The Divergent film series, and several others.