Meghan Trainor’s “Marry Me” Lyrics Meaning
“Marry Me” is a very personal song for American singer-songwriter Meghan Trainor. In other words, she penned it directly in reference to her real-life beau, actor Daryl Sabara.
According to Trainor, she actually wrote this song while she was on the road, with Daryl being present during its composition. Although it was written as early as 2017, “Marry Me” was not released until 2018. In December of that same year, she and Daryl tied the knot. And to add even more personalization to the presentation of this track, the music video, which came out in February of 2019, features actual footage from their marriage – a somewhat unprecedented move in the world of wedding-themed music videos.
As the title suggests, the content of the song is centered on Meghan’s desire to get married, specifically to her boyfriend. She is not interested in the theatrics commonly associated with such events. What she wants most is to formally dedicate her life to her sweetheart and for him to go beyond saying he wants her as a wife and actually take the big step.
And Trainor sees no reason to delay. In fact she sounds as, if so told, she would stop singing the song mid-verse and walk down the aisle with Sabara that very moment. She understands the high-emotional risk involved, as others have warned her about going all-in with her heart like this. Yet despite such warnings there is nothing she wants more than for Daryl to take her hand in marriage, immediately.
Facts about “Marry Me”
- Writer(s): Meghan Trainor is the sole writer behind this track.
- Producer(s): Credit for its production goes to music producer Chris Gelbuda.
- Album/EP: This track is featured on Meghan’s 2019 album, The Love Train.
- Release Date: “Marry Me” was released in 2018, most likely in December.
- Record Label: The song came out by courtesy of Epic Records.
- 1st Interesting Stuff: Meghan Trainor and Daryl Sabara’s first date was actually a double date consisting of an evening filled with bowling and karaoke.
- 2nd Interesting Stuff: Meghan wrote this song just one month after meeting Daryl. As can be expected, Trainor’s The Love Train album is heavily influenced by her relationship with Daryl.
- 3rd Interesting Stuff: At first Meghan kept “Marry Me” unreleased, despite protests by fans. However, after using the tune during her own wedding, she decided it needed to be released to the public.
Who is Daryl Sabara?
He is an American actor who gained international stardom starring as Juni Cortez American spy adventure comedy film the Spy Kids and its sequels. Away from the Spy Kids series of films, he is also known for starring in such films and TV series as Father of the Pride, Halloween, America’s Most Talented Kids and Generator Rex. Sabara and singer Meghan Trainor first began dating in July 2016. On December 22 of 2017, the couple got engaged. And on December 22, 2018, they got married. It’s noteworthy to mention that December 22, 2018 (the date of their marriage) was the day Trainor turned 25.