“Walk Me Home” by Pink
In recent times, American singer and songwriter P!nk has been known to release songs about troubled romances. “Walk Me Home” is not such a song, as it rather focuses on the strengthening power of love. However, themes of a troubled outside world are still present.
Indeed the track starts off with her being enamored by a love interest. One of the things that captivates her the most about him is that he reminds her of “a better time” when she was more optimistic. P!nk is conversing with this person in a late-night setting. For whatever reason – likely due to being smitten with infatuation – she is having a hard time getting her words out. So she requests that they continue their interaction at her place and moreover that he walk her home, not only in the name of love but also because there is “so much going wrong outside”.
Later in the song, P!nk points out that she believes her union with this guy can lead to them producing ‘something good’. It is not specified what she means by such. However, within the overall setting of the song, it seems to allude to a belief she holds that the two of them can make the world a better place – or if such is an overstatement at least edify each other’s lives within the context of a troublesome world.
Facts about “Walk Me Home”
- Writer(s): “Walk Me Home” was written by P!nk and two other noted songwriters: Nate Ruess and Scott Harris.
- Producer(s): Music producer Kyle Moorman teamed up with fellow producer Peter Thomas to work on the track’s production
- Album/EP: “Walk Me Home” is the lead single from Pink’s 2019 album Hurts 2B Human.
- Release Date: This song was released on 20 February 2019 through RCA Records.
- 1st Interesting Stuff: P!nk announced the imminent release of “Walk Me Home” while appearing on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on 6 February 2019. This was just a day after she was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- 2nd Interesting Stuff: “Walk Me Home” was the first single Pink released in 2019.