“Best Part” by Daniel Caesar (Ft. H.E.R.)
“Best Part” is a beautiful song of affection sung by Canadian artist Daniel Caesar and California representative H.E.R. Put succinctly, it’s a love song where the two artists, taking on the roles of lovers, express their appreciation for having each other in their lives.
The term “best part” plays into the song as the artists compare life to a movie. And they are saying that if such were indeed so, their favorite segment are the times spent with their sweetheart.
They also explain how important the other person is to their being. For instance, H.E.R. compares Daniel to coffee in the morning and sunshine on a rainy day. Likewise, Caesar also associates her with sunshine but goes even further by claiming she is like water in a remote desert and paracetamol during a headache, thus expressing her essentiality to his life.
The track concludes with the artists encouraging the other to verbally express their love if they truly feel such a strong sentiment.
Facts about “Best Part”
- Writer(s): In addition to starring in it, H.E.R. and Daniel Caesar also co-wrote this track.
- Producers(s): “Best Part” was produced by Matthew Burnett and Jordan Evans.
- Album/EP: This duet is the second track on Daniel Caesar’s 2017 album Freudian.
- Release Date: This song was released on 25 August 2017.
- Record Label: The record label “Best Part” was released on is Golden Child Recordings.
- Interesting Stuff #1: This song reached number-one on Billboard’s Adult R&B chart. It has also been certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- Interesting Stuff #2: In 2018, “Best Part” won the 2018 Soul Train Award for Best Collaboration Performance.
Did “Best Part” win a Grammy Award?
“Best Part” received a Grammy nomination. It was nominated in the Best R&B Performance category at the 2019 Grammy Awards. It competed with the following songs for that award: