“Blow That Smoke” by Major Lazer (featuring Tove Lo)
“Blow That Smoke” is the title of a collaboration between by the American EDM trio Major Lazer and Swedish singer-songwriter Tove Lo. Lyrically “Blow That Smoke” finds the narrator (Tove Lo) expressing her deep feelings of love her significant other.
She wraps up the song by repeatedly telling her lover how good he is for her.
Facts about “Blow That Smoke”
- Eight songwriters came together to pen this song. Among these songwriters include Tove Lo and all three members of Major Lazer (Diplo, Walshy Fire and Jillionaire).
- Major Lazer co-produced “Blow That Smoke” with music producers Picard Brothers and Jr. Blender. It is noteworthy that the latter two also co-wrote this track.
- The American record label Mad Decent released the track on October 17, 2018. Diplo founded Mad Decent in 2006.
- Lo handles the vocals on the song. According to the Swedish singer, as a result of conflicting schedules, she recorded her vocals at a different location and sent them to him. Having received them, Diplo and his colleagues worked magic on them.
- This is Lo’s first collaboration with Major Lazer.
- Not a single member of Major Lazer contributes vocals to this track.
Does “Blow That Smoke” have a music video?
Yes, it does. The clip was filmed in California and directed by Sound Visuals Club. Here is the clip:
On which album does “Blow The Smoke” appear?
It appears on Major Lazer’s compilation album Major Lazer Essentials. This tune is the first track on that album, which came out on October 19, 2018.