“I’m So Tired…” by Lauv & Troye Sivan Lyrics Meaning
What singers Lauv and Troye Sivan are stating they are exhausted of throughout this track is the same thing they are presenting us with – love songs. The setting of “I’m So Tired” is a party or social gathering. And despite being present physically, the artists are disturbed inside and “wanna go home”. The primary source of their angst is that they are suffering from heartbreak, particularly from hearing songs which remind them of their failed relationships.
Lauv is making a conscientious effort to mingle and meet people. However, these same people are enjoying the favorite love song of he and his ex. This understandably depresses him. He makes an attempt to overcome this depression through alcohol consumption. However, he is hurting so deep that he doubts such is a viable solution. So he is instead bracing to experience such discomfort for the foreseeable future.
Sivan is also interacting with unfamiliar people to deal with his loneliness. However, when they are not around, his mind is focused on his heartbreak, and he accordingly wallows in pain. It does not seem like this distress will ever go away, and the only perceived remedy is reacquiring the good graces of his ex.
The constant spinning of love songs at this venue is more than Lauv and Troye can bear. So they want to return home. But they are suffering so intensely from inner turmoil that they may need assistance getting there.
Facts about “I’m So Tired…”
- Lauv and Troye Sivan teamed up with three others to write this song. They are: Leland, Michael Pollack and OZGO.
- OZGO and Lauv worked together again to produce the song.
- January 24th, 2019 was the day this track was commercially released. 10 days prior to that, Lauv and Sivan teased the song online for the first time.
- This was the first new music both Sivan and Lauv respectively released in 2019.
- This track is the first single from Lauv’s third EP titled Blurry Bodies.
Aside this song, have Troye Sivan and Lauv ever collaborated before?
No. This track served as the very first collaboration between singers Lauv and Sivan.