Meaning of “Girls Need Love” by Summer Walker
“Girls Need Love” is the title of a single from the Atlanta, Georgia based artist Summer Walker. The lyrics of the song come from a female’s perspective and express frustration of not being able to find satisfactory intimate love from a man. The track has a neo-soul sound that is currently popular amongst female R&B artists in the United States.
Facts about “Girls Need Love”
- Despite the track being about ‘girls needing love’ and lyrics specifying such coming from a man, there isn’t a single male in the entire music video.
- This song was written by Summer Walker in conjunction with songwriter Arsenio Archer.
- The entire production of the song was handled by Archer (who co-wrote the song).
- This tune was released as a single off of Summer Walker’s debut album Last Day of Summer. The official release date of the album was October of 2018. However, the single itself was released on 26 July 2018.
- This track has a tone of female liberation, as its lyrics express feelings not commonly found in tracks sung by women.
- In January 2019, American singer and actor Trevor Jackson released a remix or rather cover of this song. His remix was released under the title “Boys Need Love 2”. Jackson’s cover was done in such a way that it appears to be responding to Summer Walker’s original version.
- On February 27, 2019, Summer Walker released a remix of “Girls Need Love”. The remix featured noted rapper Drake. Owing to Drake’s presence on the remix, it became even more famous than the original.