“Slow Down” by Normani & Calvin Harris
“Slow Down” is a song recorded and performed by American singer Normani of Fifth Harmony fame and Scottish DJ Calvin Harris.
In “Slow Down” the narrator (Normani) spends all her time doing everything within her power to please her lover and reassure him that they can make the relationship work. She tells him not to be afraid of letting himself feel love. However, it appears the man isn’t that much into her. Normani is fully aware of this but keeps trying her best to make him feel the same way she feels. Would she succeed? No one knows.
Facts about “Slow Down”
- Calvin Harris and Normani co-penned this track along with two others. They are: Cesar Ovalle Jr. and noted Canadian singer Jessie Reyez. The latter also collaborated with Harris on his “Promises” collab with Sam Smith.
- On October 22, 2018, this track was formally released for the first time. It is one of the two songs on the EP Normani x Calvin Harris. Normani x Calvin Harris is a two-song EP by Harris and Normani.
- Normani revealed that it was Harris who first contacted her for this collaboration. According to her, she’s a huge Harris fan.
- About a week before the official release of this collaboration, Normani teased it on the social media platform Twitter.
- This track was officially the third single Normani released in 2018. The first was her “Love Lies” collaboration with Khalid. As for Harris, “Slow Down” became his 5th single of 2018 and the 36th single of his career (as lead artist).
- All the vocals on this song are provided by Normani. Harris doesn’t sing a word on the track.
Is the Nigerian singer Wizkid featured on this track?
No. He is however featured on the song “Checklist”. “Checklist” is the other track from the EP on which “Slow Down” can be found.
Does “Slow Down” have an official music video?
As of October 24, 2018, it doesn’t. However, it is likely a music video will be released.