“Who Do You Love” by The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds of Summer
The Chainsmokers and 5 Seconds of Summer (5SOS) teamed up to bring us “Who Do You Love”. This song was not written to push the artistic boundaries of music. Rather it is clearly a mainstream pop tune designed to appeal to the masses.
You can view the lyrics, alternate interprations and sheet music for 5 Seconds of Summer's Who Do You Love at Lyrics.org.
As such, “Who Do You Love” sticks to one primary, easy-to-follow theme, which is the singers’ taking on the roles of men who are in a romantic relationship with unfaithful partners. The physical as well as emotional signs are there that this woman is not on the up and up. For instance, cigarettes are found in her possession, even though she does not smoke. She also does things like stutter when she speaks and changes details of explanations for her defences.
So this brings the Chainsmokers and 5SOS to the burning question – who does this woman actually love? In other words, there isn’t a stated demand to end the relationship nor a questioning of whether an affair is actually going on. Rather the more-pressing issue seems to be who does she prefer in her heart – her current boyfriend (the singers) or the man she is having an affair with? Lack of an adequate answer is bothering the homeys so much that they can’t sleep at night.
Facts about “Who Do You Love”
- Writer(s): This song was written by at least a dozen songwriters, including members of the Chainsmokers and 5 Seconds of Summer. The other songwriters who receive songwriting credits include Emily Warren, Talay Riley, Oak, Sean Douglas, Trevorious, and Zaire Koalo.
- Producer(s): The track was produced by the Chainsmokers and Oak.
- Release Date: The release date for this track was 7 February 2019.
- Record Label: Columbia and Disruptor Records are the labels behind “Who Do You Love”.
- Interesting Stuff: This is the first collaboration between the Chainsmokers and 5 Seconds of Summer.