Bebe Rexha’s “Last Hurrah” Lyrics Meaning
According to Bebe Rexha (the singer and co-writer) of this track, this song is based on the story of a friend who, when confronted about breaking diet, responded that the piece of cake she was about to indulge in was her “last hurrah”. And that is the theme this track is based on. In other words, Bebe takes on the role of a character who is set to forsake some type of unsavory characteristic – but not before partaking of the vice one last time.
Indeed the sentiment expressed throughout the song is one of always putting off this final stance of discipline until tomorrow. She understands the risk involved in perpetuating these hazardous activities. However, she participates in them as a form of release from both inner and outer turmoil.
Ultimately Bebe is displaying the characteristics of an addict. For instance, she is unable to cease certain activities despite apparently repeated attempts to do so. Moreover she concludes the track by stating there is a possibility that tomorrow she won’t be drawn to the habits she is trying to break. However, within the overall context of the song that sounds more like wishful thinking than actual reality.
Facts about “Last Hurrah”
- Writer(s): This song was written by Bebe Rexha along with noted songwriters Andrew Wells, Lauren Christy and Nick Long.
- Producer(s): The song’s production was done by Andrew Wells (who also co-wrote the song).
- Album/EP: This is the first single from Bebe’s second studio album. As of the release date of the track, the album is yet to receive an official name or release date.
- Release Date: “Last Hurrah” was released on 15 February 2019.
- Record Label: The label responsible for bringing the world this song is Warner Music Group.
- 1st Interesting Stuff: Bebe used the inspiration of a Grammy loss to empower her to finish working on this track more expeditiously. FYI, Bebe was nominated for two Grammys at the 61st Annual Grammy Awards in 2019. Unfortunately, she didn’t win in any of the categories. The categories in question were Best New Artist and Best Country Duo/Group Performance for the song “Meant to Be“.
- 2nd Interesting Stuff: “Last Hurrah” holds the title of being the first song Bebe Rexha released in 2019. This single follows hits such as “Say My Name” and “I’m a Mess“.
Who sings the background vocals on “Last Hurrah”?
Co-writers Nick Long and Lauren Christy sung the background vocals.