Meaning of “Paradise” by George Ezra
“Paradise” is a song performed by English singer George Ezra. The lyrics of the song were inspired by Ezra’s girlfriend as well as the feelings that overcame him at the beginning of the romantic union with his girlfriend. Speaking with the Press Association regarding the meaning of the song, Ezra said he wrote the song’s lyrics with the sole aim of capturing the amazing feeling that takes over a person when they have fallen truly in love with someone else. He went further to say the lyrics weren’t focused on any specific love story, but rather on the effect that falling in love has on an individual’s “psyche”.
The song is dedicated to Ezra’s girlfriend.
Facts about “Paradise”
- Both the music and lyrics of “Paradise” were written by George Ezra.
- The noted British music producer and musician Cam Blackwood handled the song’s production. Besides Ezra, Blackwood has over the years worked with famous musical artists and bands such as Florence and the Machine, Amy Macdonald, We are Scientists and London Grammar.
- The renowned English recording engineer Dan Grech-Marguerat was one of the mixing engineers and programmers of the song. Some of Dan Grech’s notable credits include Moby, Lana Del Rey, Scissor Sisters and The Kooks.
- The song was officially released on January 19th, 2018 as the second single from Ezra’s second studio album titled “Saying at Tamara’s”.
- Ezra played the bass guitar, keyboard and guitar on the song.
- The song peaked at number 1 in Scotland and number 2 on the UK Singles Chart, thereby making it one of Ezra’s most successful singles.
- Speaking with The Sun newspaper, Ezra said the melody of “Paradise” came to him while he was in bed taking care of a cold and feeling sorry about himself.
Who is George Ezra’s girlfriend who inspired “Paradise”?
At the time of the creation of this post (March 25, 2018) the public doesn’t know who Ezra’s girlfriend because the singer has decided to keep her identity secret. Hopefully in future, her identity would be somehow revealed.