“Wake Up In The Sky” by Gucci Mane, Bruno Mars & Kodak Black
“Wake up in the Sky” is a song recorded by rapper Gucci Mane, singer Bruno Mars and rapper Kodak Black. The reason that we find the word “sky” in the title of this track is that the word serves as a wordplay for how “fly” Gucci, Bruno and Kodak are. And their extraordinary swag is not only due to drinking, smoking and drugging to the point of intoxication. But moreso they have the bankroll that enables them to fund an attractive lifestyle, complete with designer jewellery and expensive vehicles. As such, they get a lot attention from the ladies, who are impressed by their ability to provide luxury.
Facts about “Wake Up In The Sky”
- In total, six songwriters are credited with writing this song. They are: Gucci Mane, Bruno Mars, Kodak Black, Tarentino, TrePounds and DY Krazy.
- The track was produced by four of its writers: Mars, Tarentino, TrePounds and DY Krazy.
- September 14, 2018 was the release date of this collab.
- This track marked the first time all three artists (Mane, Mars and Black) were collaborating. It was the second collab between Mars and Mane. Furthermore, it was also the second time Gucci and Kodak were working together. As for Mars and Black, this marked the first time they both were working together.
- The official music video of “Wake Up In The Sky” was directed by Bruno Mars along with Florent Dechard. It was unveiled on October 31, 2018.
- This song interpolates a Nat King Cole song titled “Unforgettable”. That song came out in the early 1950s. Interestingly enough, Mane also references Cole in his verse.
- The last single Mars released (as lead artist) before this was “Finesse” (featuring Cardi B.). As for Mane, it was “Kept Back” (featuring Lil Pump). Black’s was “Calling My Spirit“.
Does “Wake Up in the Sky” have any certifications?
Yes. In the United States, it went platinum after selling over a million units.
On which album does “Wake Up in the Sky” appear?
It appears on Mane’s thirteenth studio album entitled Evil Genius. It is actually the third single from that album.
What genre of music is this collab?
It is a hip hop song as well as a pop-rap song. Also, it falls perfectly into the trap genre of music.