“Earfquake” by Tyler, the Creator
On the song “Earfquake”, Tyler, the Creator blames himself for the unstable state of his relationship with his lover. He acknowledges the fact that he may not have treated his woman the best way and this is causing her to lose interest. In an effort to patch things up, he tells her not to leave because it’s his fault.
He likens the love he has for her to an earthquake which causes his world to shake, as the title “Earfquake” denotes. It appears he may have taken her for granted in the initial stages of their bond, but later realizes that he really needs her, both physically and emotionally.
In the second verse, Tyler, the Creator admits to his lover that he really does not intend to complicate the relationship, but to know what she really feels. In the end, he pleads with her not to give up on them because he has admitted his faults and is willing to make things right.
Facts about “Earfquake”
- The track is actually a collaboration between Tyler and rapper Playboi Carti. It also features the vocals of singers Devonte Hynes and Charlie Wilson.
- The four, Tyler, Playboi, Dev Hynes and Charlie Wilson wrote the song together.
- The production of “Earfquake” was handled solely by Tyler.
- This is the second track on Tyler’s 2019 album, IGOR.
- The track was leaked and released on the same date, May 17, 2019.
- “Earfquake” marks Tyler’s first time working with Dev Hynes. However, it isn’t his first collaboration with Playboi Carti and Charlie Wilson.
- “Earfquake” is one of the stand out tracks on IGOR. Other stand out tracks on that album include “New Magic Wand” and “Running Out of Time“.