“Kiss and Make Up” by Dua Lipa & BLACKPINK
“Kiss and Make Up” is a collaborative track between English singer-songwriter Dua Lipa and the noted South Korean girl group BLACKPINK. In the song, Lipa and her lover are rapidly drifting apart as a result of an undisclosed problem. They aren’t talking to each other and that scares her a lot.
Lipa cherishes the relationship so much that she doesn’t want to lose it. Owing to this, her primary goal is to work things out with him. Simply put, she wants to “kiss and make up” with her boyfriend. On the whole, reconciling with a lover is the song’s central theme.
Facts about “Kiss and Make Up”
- Dua Lipa co-wrote this track with as many as six other songwriters. They are: Mathieu Lépine (best known as Billboard), Kny Factory, Soke, Teddy Park, Chelcee Grimes and Marc Vincent.
- Despite the fact that this song is a collaboration between Lipa and Black Pink, none of the members of the group is given songwriting credit on this track.
- “Kiss and Make Up” was produced by the production and songwriting duo Banx & Ranx. The duo is made up of KNY Factory (real name Yannick Rastogi) and Soke (real name Zacharie Raymond.
- The official release date of the track was October 19, 2018.
- This is the 20th track on Lipa’s 2018 album titled Dua Lipa: Complete Edition. This album is the re-released version of Lipa’s debut self-titled album that came out in 2017.
- The song is sung in both English and Korean. Dua mostly handles the English portions whereas BLACKPINK members tackle the Korean sections.However, BLACKPINK can also be heard singing in English.
- This is Lipa’s second song to have the word “kiss” in its title. The first was her “One Kiss” collab with Calvin Harris.
Here’s the official audio of “Kiss and Make Up:
Who are BLACKPINK?
Black Pink (also stylized as BLACKPINK) is a girl group founded in South Korea in 2016. As of 2018, the group is made up of four members: Rose, Lisa, Jennie and Jisoo. The group gained further stardom in Europe and the United States with their collab with Lipa. Prior to that, they were very famous in Korea and Asia. Some of their notable hits include “Whistle”, “Boombayah” and “Ddu-Du Ddu-Du”.
Is this the first time BLACKPINK is collaborating with Dua Lipa?
Yes, it is.
Prior to this track, have Dua Lipa and Banx & Ranx ever collaborated in the past?
No. “Kiss and Make Up” marks the duo’s first collaboration with Lipa.