Meaning of “Quarter Milli” by Offset (ft. Gucci Mane)
As the title implies, this is a song about the artists’ wealth. Quarter milli is a colloquial term for a quarter-million dollars. And while that is an admirable amount of cash in and of itself, Offset and Gucci Mane are letting the listening audience know that they are actually dealing with much more than that.
For instance, Offset states that he drives a Lamborghini, one impressive enough to incite the ire of the police. Well these automobiles alone cost within the range of a quarter-million dollars – not to mention the other luxuries Offset claims he enjoys, such as the Rolls Royce Ghost. FYI, the Rolls Royce Ghost is priced well over a half-million dollars.
Meanwhile Gucci Mane brags that he “might buy a private island”. But with Gucci’s current estimated net worth being within the range of $12 million, this is unlikely. Offset’s claims are more realistic, if not verifiable. However, the point of this song is not to enlighten the public on intimate details of their finances. Rather it is to express the general sentiment that the whole crew – including producer Metro Boomin and homeys Wiz Khalifa and Young Sizzle – are all rolling in the dough. And as fans of rap music are well aware, extreme wealth has been the most-popular topic in the hip-hop industry for well over a decade.
Other topics brought up in “Quarter Milli”, albeit briefly, are Gucci’s warning to challengers not to push him too far and Offset’s enjoyment of hard alcoholic beverages.
Facts about “Quarter Milli”
- Writer(s): The writers of this track are the artists themselves, Gucci and Offset.
- Producer(s): The track was produced by Metro Boomin alongside Pyrex.
- Album/EP: “Quarter Milli” is featured on Offset’s 2019 debut solo album, Father of 4.
- Release Date: This song was released on 21 February 2019.
- Recording Label: Quality Control Music, Motown Records and Universal Music Group are the labels responsible for this track’s release.
- 1st Interesting Stuff: In the chorus of “Quarter Milli”, Offset gives a shoutout to the late music superstar Whitney Houston.
- 2nd Interesting Stuff: The video of this track portrays Offset and Gucci Mane as bank robbers in a 1920’s-inspired setting.
Is this the first time Offset is working with Gucci Mane?
No. This isn’t the pair’s first collab. For example, in 2017, they worked together on a song titled “Met Gala”.