Meaning of “Mia” by Bad Bunny (featuring Drake)
“Mia” is a hip hop song by Puerto Rican reggaeton/Latin trap singer. This song, which fans are calling the “new Despacito” features Canadian rapper/singer Drake. In this song, both Bad Bunny and Drake surprise fans as they sing and rap entirely in the Spanish language.
What is the meaning of “Mia”?
The word “mia” is Spanish. In the English language, this word means “mine”.
The lyrics of “Mia” find the narrator (Bunny) telling his love interest that she’s all his and that she should tell that to any man that approaches her. The other narrator (Drake) also tells his woman a similar thing.
Facts about “Mia”
- This song was penned by four songwriters, including Drake and Bad Bunny. The other two writers that receive songwriting credits on this track are DJ Luian and Mambo Kingz.
- DJ Luian & Mambo Kingz handled the song’s entire production.
- The song was formally released on October 11, 2018.
- This is officially Bad Bunny’s eleventh single of 2018. It is also one of his biggest collaborations of 2018. He had earlier collaborated with Cardi B and J Balvin on the hit single “I Like It“.
- Contrary to popular belief, this isn’t the first time Drake is singing in Spanish. Drake sang in Spanish in his collaboration with American singer Romeo Santos in the 2014 song “Odio”.
Did Bad Bunny and Drake shoot a music video for the song “Mia”?
Yes, they did. The music video for this song was shot entirely in Miami, Florida and released on October 11, 2018. It was directed by director Fernando Lugo. The song’s video features both Bunny and Drake having the fun of their lives at a block party. The pair surround themselves with a bunch of beautiful women and basically have a good time. You can watch the entire video below:
Is this the first time that Bad Bunny is collaborating with Drake?
Yes. This song is the first time that Bad Bunny has worked with Drake.