Gunna’s “One Call” Lyrics Meaning
In “One Call”, American rapper Gunna devotes a significant percentage of the song’s lyrics to bragging about his success in the rap game. This achievement is manifest primarily in his ability to live a lavish lifestyle.
For instance, he wears designer clothes on every part of his body. He also rocks mink coats. Moreover, he is able to buy expensive jewelry for lady friends. And he also has the option to drive expensive cars, such as the Rolls Royce Phantom which costs about half-a-million dollars. Indeed the pursuit of money is an important part of his life.
However, more bars are dedicated to his standing and rise in the rap game than it is on his dough. Of course he taunts peers who were not able to reach the same level of success, indeed as swiftly as he has, even though others did not perceive him as a leader. He also came up in the game despite lack of funding and mentions his tireless work ethic. Interestingly enough, he also refers to luck as a contributing factor to his success. For leisure, he likes doing things such as drinking liquor and dealing with “hoes”, whom he infers love him because he is trending. And of course he carries a gat for self-defense and in that regard, warns those who may be considering initiating a confrontation.
Facts about “One Call”
- Writer(s): Gunna is credited as the song’s writer.
- Producer(s): Three music producers, including Turbo receive production credits on “One Call”. The other two are Ghetto Guitar and Jet (Producer).
- Album/EP: This song appears on Gunna’s Drip or Drown II EP.
- Release Date: On February 1, 2019, “One Call” was formally released around the world.
- Record Label: It was released through Young Thug’s YSL record label.
- Interesting Stuff: “One Call” came out as Gunna’s first solo single for 2019. A few months before this track, he collaborated with fellow rapper Lil Baby to release the hit single “Drip Too Hard“.
Was “One Call” released as a single?
Yes. It is actually the lead single from Gunna’s 2019 EP Drip or Drown II.