Meaning of “Taki Taki” by DJ Snake (featuring Ozuna, Cardi B & Selena Gomez)
“Taki Taki” is a song by French DJ and music producer DJ Snake. The song features the vocals of Puerto Rican singer Ozuna and American singers Cardi B and Selena Gomez. The lyrics of the song “Taki Taki” center mainly on the theme of dancing and how it has the power to spread love and joy.
What is the meaning of the term “Taki Taki”?
Shortly after the song was released, many gave a number of suggestions for the song’s title, one of which was it is a euphemistic term to refer to an intimate act. However, the term “Taki Taki” actually has no meaning in the English language or any other language on the planet.
According to Cardi B, the term was made up by her collaborator Ozuna. Below are the exact words of Cardi B regarding the meaning of the term as published in the Times of India:
All in all, the term was fused into the song to make it sound better. And from all indications, it appears it achieved its aim perfectly! It’s important to mention that making up meaningless words and phrases is something artists often do. A good example of a very famous meaningless word in a song is the word “Sussudio” from Phil Collins’ iconic 1985 song “Sussudio“.
Facts about “Taki Taki”
- DJ Snake co-wrote this fun track along with Selena Gomez, Ozuna and Cardi B. Four others also receive songwriting credits on this track. They are: Vicente Saavedra, Juan VasQuez, Jordan Thorpe and Bava.
- DJ Snake produced this track alongside music producer Hi Music Hi Flow.
- “Taki Taki” was officially released on September 28, 2018.
- This single marks the first time all four artists are working together.
- Besides DJ Snake, all the other artists (Ozuna, Cardi and Gomez) all have Latin roots.
Among all the four artists on this track, which have worked together in the past?
Of all the artists on this song, only Cardi B and Ozuna have worked together in the past.