“Unicorn Purp” by Future (featuring Gunna & Young Thug)
In “Unicorn Purp”, Future and his co-star, Young Thug, go on a diatribe about two of the topics they love harping on the most. And without even mentioning them fans of these artists should know what these subjects are – romantic pleasure and money.
It is unclear what the artists mean when they refer to a unicorn, as the term has a number of different meanings colloquially. However, it is a bit more clear what purp is, as the term popularly refers to a strain of high-grade marijuana. They also make mention of weed in other parts of the song, although it is not a major theme.
Ultimately “Unicorn Purp” serves as an ode to the artists’ wealth, women and accomplishments. These dudes came up from nothing, and now they are celebrating the fact that they have made it. This means talking a lot of smack but more importantly being able to live the type of lifestyle that many people may aspire for, but few have the privilege of actually achieving.
Quick Facts about “Unicorn Purp”
- “Unicorn Purp” was written by all three rappers: Future, Gunna and Young Thug.
- Music producer ATL Jacob produced this song.
- January 18, 2019 was the day this track was dropped. It was released through the following record labels: Epic Records and Freebandz.
- The track appears on Future’s 2019 album Future Hndrxx Presents: The WIZRD. It is the fifteenth track on that album.
- This isn’t the first time all three rappers have worked together. The trio also worked together back in 2018 on the track “Money Train”.
Was “Unicorn Purp” released as a single?
No. Future Hndrxx Presents: The Wizrd produced only two singles. These singles are: “Crushed Up” and “Jumpin on a Jet”.
Does “Unicorn Purp” have an official music video?
No music video accompanied this track on the day it was released.