“Walk Em Down” by NLE Choppa (ft. Roddy Ricch)

“Walk Em Down” is largely centered on threats, levied primarily via NLE Choppa, of gunning down opponents. Indeed the titular phrase, in the manner in which is it utilized at the beginning of NLE’s verse especially, seems to be fundamentally synonymous with running up on somebody and shooting them. And about 90% of his lyrics are dedicated to such lyrical gunplay, with Choppa using the remaining 10% to insinuate that he ‘sells dope’. 

Meanwhile Roddy Ricch also presents himself as someone who isn’t afraid to pull the trigger and engage in a violent lifestyle. He also alludes to his wealth and his affinity for the cough-syrup laced beverage called lean which hip-hop artists like himself have helped popularize. So for the most part this is a song centered on gun violence.

Facts about “Walk Em Down”

This is the first time NLE Choppa has teamed up with Roddy Ricch. And as of the release date of this track, 19 March 2020, Roddy Ricch’s song “The Box” is holding down the number 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100.

The labels behind this track are Warner Records and Atlantic Records. And they are featuring it on Choppa’s “Top Shotta” album.

“Walk Em Down” was written by NLE Choppa and Roddy Ricch along with the track’s two producers, CashMoneyAP and Carlos “Los Hendrix” Munoz.

NLE Choppa has stated that he was the one who reached out to Ricch. At that point in time they never met or apparently even communicated before.  And honestly Choppa wasn’t even sure if someone like Roddy would respond. But respond he did, and they promptly hit it off. Afterwards they met in the studio and managed to record “Walk Em Down” the same night that they met. And in the aftermath, Choppa has stated admiration for the “unique” way in which Ricch conducts himself in the studio.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may also like...