“Wow” by Post Malone
“Wow” is the title of a song by American rapper and singer Post Malone. In “Wow”, Malone celebrates his success while flaunting his massive wealth in front of those that doubted his ability to make it to the top.
In boasting about his mighty riches, Malone name drops a number of famous people. For example, in the first verse, he mentions the American rock band Fall Out Boy. In the second verse, he mentions the name “Mutombo”. This is in reference to Congolese American former NBA star Dikembe Mutombo.
He also mentions the name Dre and talks about how he and Dre did something. It’s noteworthy that the Dre, Malone mentions here isn’t the noted American rapper and hip hop music producer Dr. Dre. It refers to Post Malone’s manager Dre London.
Malone wraps up the last verse by name dropping American football quarterback Dak Prescott.
After all is said and done, this track is nothing but a braggadocious ode to Post Malone’s success as a rapper.
Facts about “Wow”
- Malone wrote “Wow” with three others. They are Billy Walsh, Frank Dukes and Louis Bell. The latter two produced the song.
- The song’s title can also be written like this “Wow.”.
- This was Malone’s fifth single of 2018.
- “Wow” came out a few months after Malone and Swae Lee released their big hit “Sunflower”.
- A few hours before the song’s official release, DJ Khaled posted a tiny snippet of the song on his Twitter account. In the caption, he announced the time the song would be released.
What was the release date of Post Malone’s “Wow”?
On December 24, 2018, the song was officially released for digital download and streaming.
Does this song contain a sample?
On which Post Malone album does this track appear?
As of December 2018, it isn’t clear which album this song will appear on. However, it’s highly likely it will be featured on Malone’s third studio album.
hey aye yo bruh
What did post and dre come for?
I saw my first g wagon today, ironically it was at a car wash in Keller, TX
I don’t like g wagons fyi
They are ugly